Know you customer target audience
As a marketer it is crucial to know your customers, your avatar, weather you are working with online or offline marketing. To be able to reach your target audience, so called avatar, you need to do get to know them and now what their behavior is like. So today I thought that I wanted to share some questions that has helped me when working with marketing. I have made a list that I think can help you find your avatar.
You need to find out more about your avatar than just the basics. You need to get under their skin and get a diagnose and profile questions to find them. Especially if you are working in a small company and not working too much with your customer avatar.
How to find your customer avatar
Do your research and learn about your avatar through the questions below
- What keeps your avatar awake at night? What are their struggles with what they are trying to achieve or need help with?
- What your avatar afraid of?
- What upsets your customer avatar? What are they angry at and who are they angry at
- What are their daily frustrations?
- What trends are occurring and will occur in their business or life?
- What do your avatar secretly desire the most?
- Is there a built-in bias to the way they make decisions (for example engineers are exceptionally analytical)
- Do they have their own language? Special terminology?
- Who else is selling something similar to them and how?
- Who else has tried selling them something similar and how has their effort failed?
If you don’t market to your target audience you are marketing to everyone – very expensive!
Watch out! If you are marketing to everyone – you are marketing made to no-one! By making broad marketing you are basically throwing money away! It is very expensive to market to everyone and especially if you do not reach your target audience and just hoping that you will reach them and don’t know. If you do know where your target audience is, you can focus on spending your money where the customer is and increase your marketing budget wisely and grow your business by scaling up.
By knowing your avatar you can scale your business
You now know how to Scale your business by doing marketing where your target audience is, weather it is in social media, offline in magazines, trade shows or networks.
Go out there and do your research to successful marketing!
All the best,