Your Audience Read Useful Content
What should you think of when you create content for your audience?
I share great tips for researching and finding out more about your audience so that you know what content your audience is looking for and interacting with.
The purpose of creating content for your audience is to increase their purchasing decision in the digital sales process. What I mean is, to have your audience traveling to your website to purchase an offering or service and at the same time, you establish a relationship with your audience.
To create content is crucial to your success online. Most of us, I would argue that 98 % search for a product or service online before they continue to a make a decision to purchase. Therefore, relevant content is very important.
You need to locate where you find your target audience
The questions you want answered to be able to create interesting content for your audience are the following:
- Who do you want to target?
- What problems can I provide a solution for?
- What does your audience need help with?
- Are people searching for your solution?
Start by researching your competitors!
Visit your successful competitor’s websites, look at:
- what are they writing about?
- what special features are they promoting?
- what kind of language are they using?
These two websites help you to find out a lot of information about your competitors. You simply add the URL and look at the information displayed when you have hit Enter.
What am I looking for when I create content?
Look for similarities to your own product or service and other competitors within your field:
- Identify what you do or offer that your competitors don’t
- What colors are they using?
- Find their unique selling proposition
- Look for frequently asked questions
- Look for blog posts. What do they write about? Who writes the posts?
- Look at how they tie their visitor into their digital selling process.
- Do they offer anything for free?
- What images do they display?
- Do the capture emails (leads) via newsletters?
- Can you sign up to their newsletter?
- What do they write about in their newsletter?
These tips are of great value for you when you are creating content. Another tip is to look at your major competitor’s website page for FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions). Here their visitors ask questions that they want to be answered and are most common to their area. This is great information that you can create good value around. You know that the audience already is interested in this topic and have a better possibility to give them what they want.
When creating content, you should look at where your audience is on the social media platforms and create content that is relevant to that platform. And, do you know that 63 % is more likely to buy after they have seen a video of a product. Video engages like nothing else!
Content that you create should aim towards
- Engaging your audience
- Grab your audience Attention
- Influence your audience
- Have your audience to take Action
In another blog post, I wrote about what to write about on social media platforms to get your audience attention, you can read it here if you are interested.
When you create content for your audience, remember that you can use it in multiple places such as
- Your company blog
- SlideShare and
- much more.
So don’t forget to use your content in multiple places to reach your audience. There are many ways to reach an audience and it’s very important to give value and offer help. That will increase your visibility and increase your network (which in the end is your net worth).
If you only remember one thing from this post, remember this:
Content builds your marketing muscle, creates a long-term sustainable business and allows you to attract a potential customer so that they feel like they know, like and trust you!
Share your thoughts and let me know if this post was useful for you when researching how to create content for your audience.
All the best,