How Do You Balance Your Healthy Lifestyle?
To move your body everyday is the simplest and best way towards better health and a longer life.
Exercise doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive. It is enough just to use your feet, both at home and at work. In todays’ blogpost I just want to give you a few tips on how you can get a healthier and longer life with small and easy actions. I know that if you are working in front of a computer, and are anything like me, you probably get stuck in front of it for too long. Did you know that every 30 minutes, you should move around, if only for a minute?
It is easy to change to become more healthy
Since we do sit still quit a lot in our society we have to change our body’s position and make sure that we stretch our legs often enough so sitting still doesn’t affect our health negatively.
Stand up for a healthy lifestyle
- Did you for example know that if you stood up and worked for two hours, you would loose 10 kg in a year?!
I mean, can it be harder to loose weight?
- By shifting for from a sitting to a standing position, it actually increase our energy consumption by three times.
- Other benefits are for those that have pain in neck, back and shoulders after a lot of sitting still, they can be helped by standing up.
Here are some easy tips on what you can do to sneak in some exercises in a healthy daily routine
- Stand up working during two hours a day (doesn’t have to be two hours in a row)
- Use stairs instead of elevator when accessible
- Get off the bus stop one stop earlier than your normal bus stop and walk the rest
- If you are meeting somebody for coffee, meet a bit further away and walk together to the coffeeshop
- Go for a daily walk 30 minutes a day, on your lunch break you can get colleagues to join you
- Join Facebook groups that network through walks
- Listen to music while walking. A Norwegian study showed recently that the portable headsets with music affects your walk and how fast you walk
- Dance, like you have never danced before when your favorite song is on
- Get out in the forest to walk, it will not only benefit your body’s balance and coordination it will also enhance your sense organs through using your hearing, smell, feel and taste (if you are lucky).
- Instead of standing in the escalators, walk – challenge yourself, how fast can you do it?
- Stand up in meetings, maybe even suggest that in your working place
- Do walking meetings outdoor if possible
- Park your car at the carpark at the place that is the most farthest away lot
- Walk to your grocery store
Other great benefits from exercise
- Your sex life is enhanced with good exercise, and an American study shows that one power walk a day decrease impotency.
- Regular exercise decreases the risk of becoming demented.
- Exercise decreases stress
- Elderly people that goes for walk, live longer
- A British-American study shows that if one do exercise at least three hours each week one are ten years younger in their body than one who doesn’t exercise.
Remember it is never too late to start a healthy lifestyle. The person who is physically active has a larger chance to remain healthy and live longer. You can almost always walk anywhere – bring your shoes, wherever you go!
All the best,