Are you often attending webinars/web meetings?
When we do have webinars, remember:
- People could be located in different countries, therefore timezones are important to consider for what time you should have the webinar
- Time management, start on time and finish on time – if time is exceeded or the meeting is starting late consider that some people could be “dead” tired or really annoyed that the meeting never starts because they have gone up in the middle of the night to attend the meeting.
- Check your technical tools, what do you want to present and does it work? TEST IT.
- How do you plan to “speak” to your audience, are they going to be able to join the presentation or are they muted through out the webinar?
- If you are letting other people speak than yourself, make sure that they know how long and what they are to talk about so that you can avoid to make interruptions
- How is your audience to interact with you? Through chat, quizes? Do you want them to interact?
- Check your sound, does the microphone work properly, can the audience hear you?
- How can you eliminate sound that are annoying? Think about your location when you are having the meeting. Can somebody or something disturb you from inside the house or outside?
- Be clear about what the audience expects from you – what are your objectives with the meeting? How can you prepare the audience for the agenda? What are the key takeways that you want them to bring?
- Speak clearly – emphasise your wording in the presentation
- After the meeting ask for feedback
In my everyday work, I have numerous of webinars, I enjoy them but I really value that they are on time and that they keep the time that they are set for. I think that it is very impolite to let a crowd wait for a meeting that has a start and end time. That is lack of respect for other peoples time.
I found this great youtube clip that illustrates a meeting In Real Life, but with the problems and obstacles that you could have at a webinar or online meeting. I really like it. I hope you do to!
All the best,
Marketing for Entrepreneurs -Â Any Solution Possible